Tuesday 7 January 2014

Four reasons drinking lots of pints is the manly way to lose weight


I really don’t like dieting to lose weight. The thought of counting how many calories I eat and depriving myself of things I enjoy just doesn’t appeal to me. So to get me started I just drink more pints to lose weight instead.

Of course I know if I change my mindset it will make a difference. If I think about how good eating healthily is going to make me feel then it will no longer seem like I’m depriving myself, I may even think I’m treating myself.  Yet somehow eating more lettuce and fewer biscuits doesn’t feel like a treat!

So I have a manly weight loss method where I trick myself into consuming fewer calories by knocking back as many pint as I can every day. It seems to work as long as the pints are water and here’s four reasons why:
  • Drinking more water keeps you feeling full and can reduce the temptation to snack
  • Drinking more water makes it easier to drink fewer sugary drinks
  • Drinking cold water increases your metabolism because your body actually burns up fat to heat itself up again
  • Drinking more water can help flush stuff out of your body like the stress hormone cortisol that can increase appetite
I've been taking on the manly challenge of knocking back at least 4 pints of water for three days now and it's certainly helping me put fewer calories into my body. I'm also getting more exercise as I'm spending more time walking to and from the toilet!

DAY THREE NOTES

WEIGHT: 14 stone 7lb (healthy range 9 stone 7lb to 12 stone 12lb)

WAIST: 36-39 inches/94-99 cms (depends if I'm breathing in or out) 

BMI: 28.3 (healthy range 18.5 to 25)

ACTION: Ran and walked 6 miles, didn't snack, drank lots of water, talked about weight loss at my men's group

Tomorrow: Why women and fat men are no good at pull ups
Yesterday: Why does the NHS think weight is a woman's problem 

No comments:

Post a Comment